Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning the Blog

When I think of Easter, besides the usual images of wicker baskets filled with chocolate and fuzzy little bunnies hiding colorful eggs, I find myself thinking of spring and spring cleaning. With the weather finally warming up, I crack a few windows to let the fresh air in, and start mentally taking note of all the things that will soon start needing attention.

The house needs a repaint in most of the rooms, we are going to be replacing the downstairs rugs with laminate wood flooring, reorganizing the books on my bookshelves, and who knows - I might even attempt a flower garden again this spring! (The last time I tried to plant flowers almost nothing grew in, and those that did very quickly died. I think I am cursed with a "black thumb".)

It's also a good time to make changes to my blog. I know, I know, my blog gets random face lifts throughout the year as well. That's because it's nearly impossible for me to find a layout I can live with for any extended amount of time.

Since spring = rebirth, or renewal, I really just wanted to breathe new life into my blog. I went with a more streamlined, simple layout, while still maintaining it's rather unique personality. Not to mention that BEA is quickly approaching, and now seemed like the perfect time to initiate the change.

What about you guys? What does Easter and Springtime mean to you? What preparations or projections do you start to tackle around this time of year?

1 comment: